The Truth About American History
History Movies Endorsed by Sioux Falls Free Thinkers
Sioux Falls Free Thinkers recommend the movies below on the Truth About American History.
American History is not what you've been taught in High School or even in College. Much of the truth has been hidden, skipped over, glossed over to the point of being unrecognizable, or spun to make Americans think we are the greatest nation on earth. Never mind that we perpetuated atrocities, crimes and theft against the American native population, against the slaves, against the peoples of South America, Africa, South East Asia and Asia proper, and the Middle East. Americans have killed more innocent people than all but four nations; Germany, Japan, Russia, and China. We seem to be obsessed with World Domination fully willing to support brutal dictatorships in order for our corporations to make profits at the expense of the people in the countries our corporations exploit. It's not a pretty picture.
Case in point. Americans murdered about 3 million innocent civilians in Vietnam, Cambodia, and Laos. The people there were basically farmers who lived in bamboo huts and bamboo houses and whose great dream was to get a water buffalo to ease their labor in the their rice paddies and rice fields. They had no defense against our bombs, and especially not against our napalm bombs which we used to burn entire villages sending every man, woman, child, elderly person and baby to a horrible death. Once napalm lands on you it just burns through you. Imagine the horror and pain of a innocent child whose arm or leg is burning off in front of his or her eyes. We also murdered without trial 25,000 of the Vietnamese people as spies in operation Phoenix. We even lined up villagers in ditches and slaughtered women and children just like the Nazi's did in Europe. The people of Vietnam couldn't tell the difference between us and the Nazi's. We did many of the same things.
To the above atrocities add Agent Orange, unexploded bombs and artillery shells, and the cluster bombs for kids. Agent Orange is still causing birth defects and birth deformities in South East Asia forty-five years later. Unexploded ordnance still buried makes it impossible to use much of the best farm land, and children still pick up the cute little toys with the Mickey Mouse faces and get their hands or faces blown off. If this happened to us in America do you think we'd ever forgive and forget? Not likely!
These people were not a threat in any way to the United States or our interests. What were they going to do? Ride across the Pacific Ocean on their water buffalo and invade us? But we had the power to murder them in large numbers so murder them we did. All in the name of stopping the spread of communism, which was hardly going to spread to America across the Pacific. We never seem to learn that mass killing of a people stiffens their resolve. The Nazi's learned that in Russia. The South East Asians would rather have all died than give in to the likes of us. And who would blame them. And how stupid can we be?
And that's just recently. Add to that Iraq, a completely unjustified war. The Philippines in the early 20th century, with it's own set of American atrocities there. The support of the South American dictatorships and the training of their death squads by the CIA run School of the Americas. And much much more which will be documented on this website with many books and movie documentaries. You just have to open your eyes and mind and say "No More!" because if you don't America will do it all again to more innocent people someplace else.
And let's not forget the lynchings. Between 1882 and 1968, 4,800 people were lynched in the United States. 3,500 of them were blacks. After 1900 almost all lynchings were of blacks including some women and children. Almost 600 blacks were lynched in Mississippi, and Georgia was a close second and Texas was a close third. But no knows the true numbers which are very likely much higher. No one was ever charged with murder for taking part in any lynching. It was just whites killing blacks for anything they wanted to, including getting uppity or even looking at a white woman. It still goes on today, the latest being 2 lynchings of blacks in Mississippi, 2 in Texas, and 1 in North Carolina. Dating a white woman was behind some of these. And 20% percent of Donald Trump supporters say we should never have freed the slaves according to a recent YouGov poll. Seven generations after the civil war many still support racial hatred. The terrorist KKK is alive and well.
Sioux Falls Free Thinkers enthusiastically endorse the American History 38 documentaries, 5 movies and 13 books described on the following 56 pages:
- D-Mark Twain's America
- M-Mark Twain Tonight: Hal Holbrook in the CBS television network special!
- D-The Mine Wars: The Desire for Dignity Runs Deep
- D-Panama Canal: Gateway to the American Century
- D-The Jazz Age
- D-THE WOBBLIES
- B-Joe Hill: The IWW & the Making of a Revolutionary Workingclass Counterculture
- B-Juice is Stranger than Friction: Selected Writings of T-Bone Slim
- B-Lucy Parsons: Freedom, Equality & Solidarity, Writings and Speeches
- D-The Crash Of 1929
- D-The Panic Is On: The Great American Depression As Seen By the Common Man
- D-The Plot To Overthrow FDR: Financiers and Industrialists plotted to create a fascist state
- D-The Story Of Will Rogers
- M-Too Busy to Work: One of Will Roger's Depression Era Movies
- D-The Dust Bowl: A Film By Ken Burns
- B-The Dust Bowl: An Illustrated History
- D-The Plow that Broke the Plains & The River
- D-The Great Depression
- D-Life in the Thirties
- D-THE 1930s
- D-Scottsboro: An American Tragedy - The case that sparked the civil rights movement
- B-Medical Apartheid: The Dark History Of Medical Experimentation On Black Americans From Colonial Times To the Present
- M-Miss Evers' Boys: True Story Of The Infamous Tuskegee Experiment
- D-H-2 Worker: Exploitation of Caribbean laborers by the Florida sugar industry
- D-Labor Stories: Strike Unite Organize
- D-Taylor Chain: A decade of union democracy and collective bargaining
- D-Harlan County U.S.A.: United Mine Workers of America on Strike
- D-Point of Order! Republican right-wing fear at its worst
- D-Berkeley in the Sixties: Suppose They Gave a War and Nobody Came
- D-The Black Panthers: Vanguard Of The Revolution
- M-Chicago 10: The Convention was Drama. The Trial was Comedy.
- D-Communists On Campus: Oakland, California Revolutionary Conference
- D-The Day The 60's Died: The Kent State Shootings
- D-Kent State: The Day the War Came Home
- M-Kent State: The True Story of the Student Protests
- D-Commune: Peace and Love are Only Half the Story
- D-The War at Home: The Anti-War Protest Movement
- D-FTA: The Show the Pentagon Couldn't Stop!.
- D-The U.S. vs. John Lennon: Artist. Humanitarian. National Threat.
- D-Guerrilla: The Taking of Patty Hearst
- D-The Weather Underground: The Explosive Story of America's Most Notorious Revolutionaries
- D-Whisky Romeo Zulu: A chilling reminder that cut-rate fares do not always a safe journey make
- D-The Take: Fire The Boss; Occupy, Resist, Produce.
- B-The Best Democracy Money Can Buy: The Truth About Corporate Cons, Globalization, and High-Finance Fraudsters
- D-ENRON: The Smartest Guys in the Room: Come See Where All Your Money Went
- D-America Betrayed: How Government And Big Business Bring Ruin To America's Infrastructure
- B-What Every American Should Know About Who's Really Running the World: The People, Corporations, and Organizations That Control Our Future
- B-The Shock Doctrine: The Rise of Disaster Capitalism
- D-The Corporation: How it works and how we are its defacto slaves
- B-Pigs at the Trough: How Corporate Greed and Political Corruption are Undermining America
- B-The Truth About the Drug Companies: How They Decieve Us and What To Do About It
- B-Merchants of Doubt: How a Handful of Scientists Obscured the Truth on Issues from Tobacco Smoke to Global Warming
- D-Inside Job: The Global Economic Crises of 2008 Cost Tens of Millions of People Their Savings, Their Jobs, and Their Homes. This Is How It Happened.
- B-Dark Age Ahead: Our Urban Culture is in The Process Of Collapsing
- B-Dark Ages America: The Final Phase of Empire
- D-Collapse: Can this man predict when your world will crumble?
Total Page Views
The Truth About American History
History Movies Endorsed by Sioux Falls Free Thinkers